In the 44th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about email preference centers, video previews in email, what constitutes an email as broken, and much more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:27) Email marketing opt-ins: We review Conversio‘s email preference center redesign that helped their subscribers better understand the types of emails they were receiving.
- (5:00) Video previews in email: We break down a new technique from Stig Morten Myre of Campaign Monitor on displaying video previews in email that uses a combination of background images, CSS borders, and CSS animation.
- (12:20) 2017 State of Email Survey: Fill out this survey to help benefit the entire email community with research on the latest email trends. In 2016, this survey helped produce insightful reports such as The State of Email Production, The State of Email Salaries, The State of Email Design, and more. Plus, enter to win a free ticket to The Email Design Conference!
- (16:05) Did Litmus send a broken email?: We discuss what constitutes a broken email and if Litmus sent one out intentionally with its 2016 Year in Review email.
- (23:20) Email of the Week: Taco Bell Interactive Holiday Adventure
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
- February 5, 2021
- July 16, 2021
- December 22, 2021
How does your email really look?
Preview across 90+ email clients, apps, and devices.Start Now
See it in Litmus