In the 45th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about Grunt and Gulp email workflows, an email accessibility contest, an Atom package for sending test emails, and much more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:25) Email Boilerplate: A Gulp-based workflow from Litmus’ own Drew Tempelmeyer that utlizes Sass, HAML, CSS inlining, and automating tests into Litmus.
- (2:44) Gulp Email Creator: A Gulp-based workflow inspired by Lee Munroe’s Grunt Email Design Workflow that uses Sass, CSS Inlining, and automating tests into Litmus.
- (3:50) Inker by Position Absolute: A Grunt-based workflow by Cedric Dugas that uses Zurb’s Foundation for Emails, Mozilla Nunjucks, YAML front matter, CSS inlining, automating tests into Litmus, and a NodeJS backup delivery service to your transactional email service provider.
- (7:30) FlightDeck: A workflow from Mark Reeves of Clearbold that runs off PHP website or localhost URL that enables users to send test emails via Mandrill, inline CSS via Premailer, basic personalization tag swapping, and reusable code snippets.
- (13:00) Email Accessibility Contest: Build the most accessible email you can and enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card, 2 free months of Litmus Plus, a Litmus care package (t-shirts, stickers, etc.), and a print copy of Modern HTML Email by Jason Rodriguez.
- (16:15) Atom Palladium Package: Easily send test emails directly from within Atom.
- (18:20) MailChimp Editable Generator: A free tool from Glenn Smith to generate mc:edit attributes for MailChimp templates.
- (20:55) Email of the Week: Spotify 2016 Year in Review | Blog post
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.