In the 55th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez discuss solutions for Outlook.com and Office 365’s new image gap and display issue, rendering quirks for Terra, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:30) Outlook.com and Office 365’s new image gap and display problem: We outline new fixes to get around Outlook.com and Office 365’s HTML processing for behavior of viewing images within the email client, which is very similar to Gmail. The basic fix for Gmail applies here: Link all of your images!
- (4:51) Terra email client rendering: Now supported in Litmus Instant Email Previews, Terra unfortunately does not support embedded CSS or media queries. It’s very similar to Gmail before its rendering update.
- (9:41) 2017 State of Email Report: Take a look back at everything that went down in the email marketing world for 2017. It’s the perfect resource to not only refresh yourself but also help educate your teammates and internal stakeholders about email marketing challenges and solutions.
- (12:40) [Infographic] Email Attention Spans Increasing: The average time spent reading an email increased by nearly 7% to 11.1 seconds between 2011 and 2016. Mobile engagement also increased, adding to the argument that “the fold” in email design is dying.
- (15:51) An Email Tribute to Alien: Building off his Sonic emails we discussed recently, Kristian Robinson incorporates another use case of CSS animation and interactivity to develop this promotional email for the cult classic film Alien.
- (18:52) Email of the Week: Bose QuietComfort® 35 Wireless Headphones
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
Don’t Miss Litmus Live 2022 this Fall!
The Premier Email Event by Email Pros, for Email Pros.Learn More
From Anywhere–and Any Budget.