In the 64th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about the future of Thunderbird email development under the Mozilla Foundation, Microsoft introducing a new design system, Windows email in virtual reality, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:32) Thunderbird’s future home: We talk about how the Mozilla Foundation outlines the Thunderbird project moving forward on ownership and product development. The structure will largely stay intact in the near term, but they’ve been ramping up donations for Thunderbird to continue development.
- (6:14) Microsoft introduces new design system Fluent: The new design system incorporates a redesign of Windows 10 email and provides a glimpse of what email will look like in Windows virtual reality.
- (10:36) Outlook.com and Office 365 launches Actionable Messages: Approved developers can now insert cards into their emails that provide native functionality in the email client for performing tasks, such as commenting on Trello items.
- (14:23) Email Drips: We show off a website dedicated to collecting the best email drip campaign sequences.
- (16:50) Finding and Retaining Skilled Email Professionals: We provide our opinions on this popular Litmus Community post as to why we think retaining email professionals may be problematic in the industry.
- (24:43) Email of the Week: Phrasee’s Fresh Prince Remix
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.