In the 80th episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about POP/IMAP accounts coming to Gmail iOS, @supports functionality in email, a new email mentorship program, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
In this episode:
- (0:34) POP/IMAP accounts come to Gmail iOS: Currently available in beta, we fully expect POP/IMAP accounts to not support embedded CSS like its Android counterpart.
- (2:10) Microsoft redesigns Outlook desktop: Expect to see a more modern, unified UI across Outlook desktop and mobile with their 2019 release.
- (6:32) Featured Jobs: Email Designer/Developer at Ibotta | Email Developer (Contract to Hire) at Lyft | HTML Email Developer at Direct Wines | Email Marketing Associate at Vimeo
- (8:19) Using @supports in email: CSS supports is a great method for progressive enhancement and mostly has support in WebKit rendering engines (notably Apple Mail, iOS Mail, and Outlook for Mac).
- (13:23) Email Mentor: A new mentorship program created by Todd Fraser that connects email mentors to help mentees learn about email design and marketing.
- (16:36) Inbox Pal: A fun choose-your-own-adventure email drip experiment by Chris Vazquez of AWeber where you can build your “character” over time.
- (19:14) InVision Studio: InVision announced it’s launching its own desktop design tool in January 2018 which will take on the likes of Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD, and Framer.
- (24:18) Email of the Week: InVision Live Stream
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.