In the 87th episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez discuss Samsung Mail and Libero email rendering, Inbox by Gmail launching new unsubscribe recommendations, Thunderbird updates, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
In this episode:
- (0:41) Samsung Mail rendering: Currently at 5% of the email client market share, Samsung Mail is one of the better rendering email clients with great CSS support.
- (4:36) Libero rendering: The Italian webmail Libero is a pretty standard webmail rendering engine. The most notable quirk is that it clips emails at 80kb (compared to Gmail’s 102kb).
- (6:14) Inbox by Gmail launches unsubscribe recommendations: Inbox by Gmail will now remind you to unsubscribe from unread promotional emails on Android and the web version.
- (10:07) New Thunderbird releases and new staff: Thunderbird seems to be getting some updates and extra resources for continued development, which is great news for the email community as Thunderbird is one of the best rendering email clients in the market.
- (12:12) The Better Email on Design: Our very own Jason Rodriguez launched an updated version to his book along with 6 brand new hours of video content—a great learning resource for anyone involved in email creation.
- (15:13) Inc.’s 2017 Company of the Year: MailChimp: Congrats to our good friends at MailChimp!
- (16:46) 2018 State of Email Survey: Please take our 2018 survey to help provide insights on the latest email trends. This helps everybody in the email industry!
- (19:30) Email of the Week: Netflix Punisher
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
Don’t Miss Litmus Live 2022 this Fall!
The Premier Email Event by Email Pros, for Email Pros.Learn More
From Anywhere–and Any Budget.