Email Marketing in 2020: 20 Experts Share Their Vision of Email’s Future [eBook]
Email marketing is not for the faint of heart. Whether it’s mobile devices and wearables redefining email design, inbox providers redefining engagement and deliverability, or email service providers redefining personalization and targeting—the channel is constantly evolving.
All this change means that marketers are always reacting, learning, and planning for the future as best they can. Stay nimble, email marketers, because there’s a lot more change on the horizon!
In our Email Marketing in 2020 report, we take a look at what email marketing will be like in the year 2020. To provide the full picture, we surveyed thousands of marketers and consumers about the channel, and then asked 20 experts to share their vision of email’s future.
Our diverse panel of experts includes (in order of appearance):
- Daniel Burstein, Director of Editorial Content, MarketingSherpa
- Morgan Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, Trendline Interactive
- Jill LeMaire Redo, Vice President of Digital Strategy and Insights, Epsilon
- Ryan Phelan, Vice President of Marketing Insights, Adestra
- Eric Stahl, Senior Vice President of Product Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Tim Watson, Email Marketing Consultant, Zettasphere
- Loren McDonald, Marketing Evangelist, Silverpop, An IBM Company
- Tom Klein, Vice President of Marketing, MailChimp
- Dave Chaffey, Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder, Smart Insights
- Kristin Naragon, Director of Email Solutions, Adobe
- Chris Lynch, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Simms Jenkins, Chief Executive Officer, Brightwave
- Cara Olson, Director of Direct Marketing and eCRM, DEG
- Paul Farnell, Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder, Litmus
- Dan Denney, Front-End Developer, Code School
- Elliot Ross, Managing Director, Action Rocket
- Mark Robbins, Email Developer, Rebelmail
- Andrew Bonar, Founder, Deliverability Ltd.
- Laura Atkins, Owner, Word to the Wise
- Len Shneyder, Vice President of Industry Relations, SparkPost
Their predictions cover everything from the technology provider landscape to the email client landscape, design and coding to deliverability and compliance, the subscriber experience to the email marketer experience—and beyond.
The mosaic of predictions creates a collective vision of the future that’s both exciting as well as a bit daunting. Prepare for the future of email marketing!