It’s the end of August already? That means pumpkin spice season is just around the corner… or is already here, according to Starbucks. Either way, top off your lattes (seasonal or otherwise) and pull up a chair—it’s time for the latest installment of your favorite email reads roundup. 🥳
Let’s hop in and check out all the latest and greatest headlines in email in August 2023!
📰 News headlines
- Check your send domains! This email security vendor is leaving 2M domains open to phishing hacks, according to a recent study.
- Bite-sized posts, made for sharing? Microsoft SharePoint has added a way for users to share news posts as emails.
- Alphabet, Meta, Amazon, Alibaba, and TikTok parent ByteDance will together pull in 51.9% of all ad spend next year… out of a total spend that could reach $1 trillion.
- U.S. government email servers were hacked in Barracuda zero-day attacks, according to a new report.
- Brand marketing is in! Along with mom jeans, Nintendo, and nostalgia by the bucketload. Are you tapping in?
- According to Pew Research, only 18% of Americans have ever used ChatGPT. The internet’s new best friend has seen less adoption than many think.
- Should AI attempt absolutely everything? It can be fun to see what AI will do with a prompt—but it might not be helping your marketing.
- Consumer data matters to marketers more than ever—but quality and accuracy are key for success.
- Starting in August, Outlook for Windows will replace Windows Mail. A “force migration” will start in 2024.
- We all dream of better ways to revive dormant email subscribers. Check out how to make an email reactivation program that really works.
🥐 Food for thought
- Would you wear a swimsuit covered in hand-embroidered noodles? The “bucatini bikini” is making a statement in brand marketing. A saucy statement, if you will.
- Beyond the Beyond Burger. These plant-based marketers discuss the next big thing in image for meat alternatives.
- Pumpkin spice creep is real. 602 pumpkin-flavored items were added to restaurant menus between July 8 and August 7!
✨ Litmus Live is almost here!
- Are you joining us for the biggest email event of the year? Litmus Live is right around the corner! On September 11-13th, some of the finest brains in email will converge on Boston to mingle, learn, and innovate. It’s not too late to grab tickets… hope to see you there!
📊 Email Client Market Share
The top 10 most popular email clients of July 2023 (source: Litmus’ Email Client Market Share) are:
- Apple: 58.09%
- Gmail: 28.72%
- Outlook: 4.14%
- Yahoo Mail: 2.55%
- Google Android: 1.59%
- Outlook.com: 0.66%
- Thunderbird: 0.25%
- Samsung Mail: 0.14%
- Web.de: 0.06%
- Windows Live Mail: 0.05%
Stay in the email loop
Want more email news like this? Subscribe to Litmus Weekly to get our weekly digest of all the latest happenings in the email world delivered right to your inbox.
Did we miss something? Let us know on Twitter!