In the 34th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez break down iOS 10 and Comcast rendering, Outlook’s Focused Inbox, and CSS filters in email. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:26) iOS 10 Rendering: We take a look at the key updates to iOS 10 including the return of
<video>support, a new auto-scaling workaround and targeting hack, and the removal of
- (5:55) Comcast webmail rendering: We review the important quirks of Comcast rendering, including a lack of ALT text and background image support along with a separate processor for Internet Explorer that doesn’t support
- (11:34) Outlook’s Focused Inbox: Outlook is taking a page out of Gmail’s book and introducing a “Focused” tab, which serves as your default filter for the emails that matter to you the most.
- (15:30) CSS filters in email: Jennifer Birks blogs about how to use CSS filters in email to add more styling to your images
- (19:44) R.I.P. BlackBerry: We celebrate the death of this device nobody cares about anymore (except Alex Kelly)
- (21:03) Email of the Week: Collaborative Fund: #FeaturingSubscribe to Collaborative Fund emails
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
- February 5, 2021
- December 22, 2021
- March 29, 2022
How does your email really look?
Preview across 90+ email clients, apps, and devices.Start Now
See it in Litmus