In the 37th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez explore doctypes in email, image file sizes and weights, previewing subject lines and preview text, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:25) Doctypes in email: We explore Remi Parmentier’s article breaking down email client support for the various doctypes and debate which one is best.
- (4:03) Image budgets in email: We review trends in image file size and weight in email thanks to a study from StyleCampaign and review best practices to optimize your image sizes.
- (8:51) Email client tracking and privacy: We investigate how email clients handle the loading of remote content in email.
- (12:26) Subject Line Checker in Litmus: We demo a new way to test your subject lines and preview text in over 15 popular email clients.
- (16:00) Email of the Week: Email BINGO
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
Don’t Miss Litmus Live 2022 this Fall!
The Premier Email Event by Email Pros, for Email Pros.Learn More
From Anywhere–and Any Budget.