In the 40th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about the Gmail iOS update, emoji support in email, Outlook-specific CSS, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:25) Gmail iOS update: We talk about the latest updates to the Gmail iOS app and its impact on rendering. View the full rollout status →
- (2:38) Emoji support in email: We break down the factors involved in support emojis in email clients.
- (7:29) Fixing bugs with Outlook-specific CSS: We review a bunch of ways to target Outlook email clients and troubleshoot rendering issues with Outlook-specific CSS.
- (12:31) ESP Syncing in Litmus Builder: We discuss the new feature in Builder that lets you seamlessly sync your email to MailChimp and Campaign Monitor.
- (16:56) Rebelmail API: Rebelmail now has a public API available to more easily create interactive emails, including tours, reviews, search, and more. We recently interviewed Veda Kumarjiguda from Rebelmail on how to get buy-in for interactive email.
- (20:48) New transactional email guides from Postmark: A great resource for best practices on all types of transactional emails, including welcome emails, invitation emails, password reset emails, and more.
- (23:30) Email of the Week: IKEA Cross-stitched “Newsletter”
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
- February 5, 2021
- December 22, 2021
- March 29, 2022
How does your email really look?
Preview across 90+ email clients, apps, and devices.Start Now
See it in Litmus