In the 49th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez explore a new layout method, discuss upcoming Litmus Live conferences and workshops, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:25) The Drop Calc Method: EDM Designer introduced a new table layout method that uses calc as an inline width value and then falls back to a class and width attribute. The method is based on the premise that attribute
< class < inline style < !important in class.
- (5:25) Litmus Live 2017 | Litmus Live Workshops: The best email conference of the year is coming to Boston, London, and San Francisco yet again. And we’re looking for great speakers for the conference. Can’t make it? We’re hosting email workshops across the country outside of the conference, which start up this spring.
- (13:58) MailMason: A Grunt-based workflow created by Postmark uses Handlebars for templating, Mustachio for variables, inlines CSS, generates a text version, enables the test email sends, and tests with Litmus.
- (16:46) Google just passed 3M businesses paying for G Suite: With business use surging for G Suite, expect Gmail market share to continue to rise.
- (18:53) Gmail will stop working on Chrome for XP and Vista this year: Older Chrome versions will redirect to Gmail’s basic HTML website by December.
- (20:43) Email Ipsum: table tr td came out with an email ipsum for us email geeks to use in our email designs.
- (22:36) Alto releases Slack integration: AOL shows that email and Slack can actually work together, making Slack more of a search-like engine to access other files and conversations.
- (24:14) Email of the Week: Meet the new Uber app
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
Don’t Miss Litmus Live 2022 this Fall!
The Premier Email Event by Email Pros, for Email Pros.Learn More
From Anywhere–and Any Budget.