In the 58th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about the latest quirks to come to the Outlook apps, a new fix for the Outlook.com and Office 365 image gap problem, AOL taking over Verizon email accounts, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:38) Email rendering in the Outlook App: Courtney Fantinato outlines recent quirks she’s seeing in the Outlook apps on iOS and Android where the app is losing responsive design support.
- (4:11) Outlook.com’s latest bug and how to fix gaps under images: Rémi Parmentier breaks down a new fix for image gaps in Outlook.com which is as simple as adding id=”OWATemporaryImageDivContainer” to your image.
- (11:21) AOL to begin managing Verizon’s email service: AOL will be transitioning any verizon.net email address to their servers over the next 90 days. Customers will have 30 days to to migrate over to AOL and if they fail to do so their unmigrated accounts will be deleted and thus cause hard bounces for email marketers. You can do a dedicated engagement campaign, but since this rollout is happening in waves, it may not lineup with subscribers and cause confusion. Since Verizon accounts will most likely be a small minority for most, we recommend waiting for hard bounces and removing them from your lists.
- (17:12) mailto Email Templates: A collection of premium Litmus-tested email templates that are compatible with MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, and Sendgrid.
- (19:33) Email of the Week: table tr td’s Email Builder
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
- February 5, 2021
- July 16, 2021
- December 22, 2021
How does your email really look?
Preview across 90+ email clients, apps, and devices.Start Now
See it in Litmus