Read Time: 2 min
Email Design Podcast #68: iOS 11 Beta Removes Support for HTML5 Video and Google to Stop Reading Your Emails
In the 68th episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez discuss the possibility of iOS 11 dropping support for HTML5 video, Yahoo! Mail getting a brand new redesign, Google to stop reading your Gmail emails, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
In this episode:
- (0:31) iOS 11 beta does not support HTML5 video: After a storied history, it looks like iOS may be dropping support for the <video> tag once again.
- (4:25) Yahoo! Mail gets a redesign: There aren’t any public statements of changing to the underlying rendering engine, but we always need to be on the lookout when such changes arise.
- (8:07) Google to stop reading your emails: All Gmail users will no longer have their emails scanned by Google for ad re-targeting. Ads will continue to appear inside the free version of Gmail, as promoted messages. But instead of scanning a user’s email, the ads will now be targeted with other personal information Google already pulls from sources such as search and YouTube.
- (14:46) Duotone filter images: Kim and Chris from AWeber created this free nifty tool to generate duotone images for emails.
- (16:30) Paperplane email templates: These premium email templates, with support for MailChimp and Shopify, are some of our favorite designed templates to date—not to mention Litmus-tested.
- (19:20) Topol: Another easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor based off customizations from the MJML framework.
- (22:07) Email of the Week: Fargo is Back
Follow the Email Design Podcast
- Follow on SoundCloud
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.