In the 75th episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about a truly table-less email layout, Litmus’ new Chrome extension, using Typekit fonts in email, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
In this episode:
- (0:40) A Truly Table-less Email Layout: Mark Robbins debuted a single column layout that uses no tables (even for Outlook) in the #EmailHacks session at Litmus Live London.
- (6:18) Email Camera: Rémi Parmentier discovered a way to take and use pictures within an email on iOS for the #EmailHacks session at Litmus Live London.
- (11:00) Litmus Extension: Litmus launched a new Chrome extension that allows you to test local HTML emails directly on your desktop (with *any* code editor) or inside your email service provider (currently supports Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, IBM Watson Campaign Automation, and Eloqua).
- (16:12) 2017 Email Stats According to Adobe: People are checking email 27% less but prefer it 24% more as the preferred method of contact from brands. They view email more as a business task than personal pleasure. And despite social media, millennials are still using email.
- (20:48) Typekit fonts now available for HTML emails: You can now use Typekit fonts in HTML emails with either the <link> tag or CSS @import method.
- (23:21) Is Google getting ready to buy Marketo?: After a new partnership announcement that will integrate Google’s artificial intelligence and G Suite apps, we discuss the rumor if Google could acquire Marketo (or another email service provider).
- (27:48) Email of the Week: Uber Connect Your Calendar
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.
- February 5, 2021
- December 22, 2021
- July 16, 2021
How does your email really look?
Preview across 90+ email clients, apps, and devices.Start Now
See it in Litmus