In the 88th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez look back on their 2017 email design predictions to see how right (or wrong) they were and share their new predictions for 2018. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:44) We review how we did with our 2017 predictions.
- (14:32) AOL Mail will get shut down and Yahoo! Mail will be the email client Oath focuses on moving forward. -Kevin
- (15:45) A major ESP will introduce a machine learning tool. -Jason
- (18:17) Outlook apps to introduce highlights akin to Inbox. -Kevin
- (19:34) We’ll see more self-hosted or self-run ESPs. -Jason
- (22:40) Gmail introduces native payments in inbox for e-commerce. -Kevin
- (25:18) We’ll see more tools introduced to help manage the entire email creation process. -Jason
- (27:40) Gmail will rise above 30% in market share. -Kevin
- (29:13) A major ESP gets acquired. -Jason
- (31:01) A prominent brand gets involved in a major lawsuit over breaking CASL. -Kevin
- (32:46) Thunderbird breaks top 10 in email client market share. -Jason
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.