Free Plain Text Email Template
Streamline your business communications and save time with our no-fuss plain text email template.
How to use this template
- To access the template, click “Get this template” and sign in or register for a Litmus Community account.
- The template will open in Litmus Builder.
- Customize the template in our code editor or copy and paste it into your ESP.
- Update the logos, brand colors, fonts, and content to make it your own!
Start sending plain text style emails today
This plain text email template is your new go-to solution for sending straightforward emails to your subscribers. It's no-frills approach is perfect for those times when you want your message to do the talking, without any distractions. Whether it's a quick update or a simple thank you note, the plain text template has you covered.
Have a question about our templates not answered here?Ask the community
What is the Plain Text Email Template?
Our Plain Text Email Template is just that—an email that has the appearance of being a regular email you’d send from say, Gmail, but is actually a carefully designed HTML coded email.
Plain text style emails play a significant role in a well-rounded email marketing strategy, particularly when you need to make more of a personal impression in the inbox.
What are the benefits of using a plain text email template?
Using a plain text formatted email offers several benefits:
Simplifying your message is crucial when you want your content to be the star. Plain text emails are devoid of design elements, which allows your message to shine without any distractions. This simplicity helps you convey your information clearly and effectively.
Plain text emails can feel more personal and one-on-one. They are ideal for sending personal outreach messages, thank-you notes, or individualized responses to customer inquiries.
Plain text style emails can be useful for testing engagement and determining whether recipients are more responsive to simple, text-based messages or those with richer HTML content.
Which A/B Tests could I run using the Plain Text Email Template?
When conducting A/B tests on a plain text email template, you can experiment with various elements to optimize your email’s performance, including:
- Message length: Test the length of your plain text message. Some recipients may prefer shorter, concise messages, while others might engage more with longer, detailed content.
- Call-to-action (CTA): If your plain text email includes a CTA, test different wording or placement to see which generates better click-through rates.
- Sender name: Test using different sender names or sender personas to see if one garners more trust or engagement from recipients.
- Timing and send day: Test the timing and day of the week when you send your plain text emails to identify when your audience is most responsive.
Is the Plain Text Email Template compatible with major email marketing platforms?
It sure is! The Plain Text Email Template is compatible with major email marketing platforms, including popular ones like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, HubSpot, and more.
Is it optimized for different email clients and devices?
You bet! The Plain Text Email Template is thoroughly tested in Litmus to ensure compatibility across 100+ email clients and devices, and proactively monitored with Litmus Email Guardian to ensure it continues to look pixel-perfect and ready to drive results.
However, since you customize these templates to make them your own (imagery, text, links, etc.), we always recommend to test every email before you send!