Welcome back to the latest and greatest edition of This Month in Email, your go-to series for all the latest happenings in the world of email marketing.
This edition contains all the hottest headlines from July 2023, so strap in while we catch you up on the latest in email. (Spoiler: A lot of it’s about Barbie.)
- 📰 News headlines
- 💅 Barbenheimer: It’s all we can think about
- ✨ The biggest email event of the year is almost here…
- 📊 Email Client Market Share
📰 News headlines
- Gmail rolled out an update that strips CSS from background images. They’ve acknowledged the issue and are working on a fix.
- Email Industries announced its acquisition of Inbox Expo, an email marketing conference with a global audience.
- Under pressure from President Biden, leading AI companies, including Amazon, Google, and Meta, have agreed to establish guardrail.
- Email for life? Not anymore. These colleges are struggling to preserve lifetime email based on Google’s announcement.
- More reasons to say goodbye to your email open rate. The data privacy measures of the future could be difficult for marketers.
- Send personalized emails to up to 1,500 people? Yes, please, Google.
- Watch your domains. This small typo sent millions of US military emails to Russian ally Mali.
- Context, context, context. In a world without cookies, marketers must make do.
- Need real insights based on real customer experiences? Try empathy mapping to capture what your audience thinks, feels, and does.
💅 Barbenheimer: It’s all we can think about
- From plastic to fantastic, The Current unpacks everything that made the Barbie marketing machine run.
- Marketing like Barbie? That’ll be $150 million, please. No, we’re not kidding.
- “It’s a fantastic result, a reflection of a marketing strategy done right.” That price tag was worth it, apparently.
- Highlights of the spinoff Barbie-inspired marketing campaigns. Dreamhouse? Yes please.
✨ The biggest email event of the year is almost here…
- Do you have your Litmus Live tickets yet? Hurry and save your spot… Discounted hotel rates close on August 18th! Highlights of the event include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to achieve a 100% conversion rate
- Copy strategies you can steal
- How to craft the BEST B2B lifecycle marketing plan
- and so much more!
📊 Email Client Market Share
The top 10 most popular email clients of June 2023 (source: Litmus’ Email Client Market Share) are:
- Apple: 58.55%
- Gmail: 28.17%
- Outlook: 4.33%
- Yahoo Mail: 1.56%
- Google Android: 1.48%
- Outlook.com: 0.64%
- Thunderbird: 0.25%
- Samsung Mail: 0.15%
- Windows Live Mail: 0.05%
- QQ Mail: 0.05%
Stay in the email loop
Subscribe to our Litmus Weekly for all the email news you should know about—from both Litmus and the rest of the email world.
Did we miss something? Let us know on Twitter!