It’s everyone’s favorite time of the month—time for This Month in Email! In this issue, we’ll cover all the latest and greatest happenings in the world of email marketing.
Read on for the biggest headlines shaping the email industry in March 2023.
- 📰 News headlines
- 🌊 Community happenings
- 📊 Email Client Market Share
- 🤖 Yeah, we’re still talking about it (AI)
- New scam, just dropped. Time to watch out for including user input-text in automated welcome emails. 😭
- TikTok is on the rocks, to the surprise of… almost no one. Will this change how marketers think about the platform?
- Email is a key marketing tactic in an unpredictable economy! Called it.
- Psst, security friends. You seen this? A now-patched Outlook zero-day bug has the email world buzzing.
- Stop bugging your customers with off-base emails. We make art, not SPAM!
- Your marketing is good. But is it Ghostface terrifying unsuspecting bodega shoppers good?
- The cookies are on their way out, but we’re clinging to every last crumb in the meantime.
- What if you never deleted any emails… ever? This author believes in the power of the archive.
🌊 Community happenings
Thar she blows! There’s data on the horizon. And if you’re feeling generous, it could be yours. We’re collecting responses for the 2023 State of Email Design report, and there’s still time to get yours in! Share what makes your heart beat faster when it comes to email designs—and we’ll share our findings with you at close.
Psst: three randomly selected participants will receive a $100 Amazon gift card for completing the survey. 👀
📊Email Client Market Share
Here are the top 10 most popular email clients from February 2023 (source: Litmus’ Email Client Market Share).
- Apple: 59.81%
- Apple Mail Privacy: 53.95%
- Apple iPhone: 3.71%
- Apple Mail: 1.75%
- Apple iPad: 0.40%
- Gmail: 27.21%
- Outlook: 4.42%
- Yahoo Mail: 2.91%
- Google Android: 1.50%
- Outlook.com: 0.66%
- Samsung Mail: 0.17%
- Orange.fr: 0.07%
- Web.de: 0.06%
- Windows Live Mail: 0.06%
🤖 AI headlines 2: electric boogaloo
- Turns out AI likes crime, too. Who knew? Google Bard is already writing phishing emails.
- AI is best suited for blog title brainstorming, email engagement, and content outlines, according to a new study.
- Got more emails than you can shake a stick at? AI can help with that.
- Are the robots in your inbox already? It’s more likely than you think.
- From my AI to yours: Microsoft, Salesforce and TikTok creators are all in on the automation trend.
Want more updates like this?
You know you do. Subscribe to Litmus Weekly to get all the latest news on email, straight from the horse’s mouth. That is, ours. Us. The email geeks. (No equines involved.)
Did we miss something? Let us know on Twitter!