In the 36th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez explore typography trends, web font support in email, an image carousel generator, flexbox support in email, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:15) Typographic patterns in email: This study from StyleCampaign explores typography trends in email, with everything from popular fonts used to font-size, line-height, and more.
- (6:38) Web font support in email: We look at the current state of web font support in HTML email and the difference of support between @font-face, @import, and <link> methodologies.
- (13:23) Image carousel generator: We review a simple tool to easily generate and create an interactive image carousel with a solid range of support in email clients.
- (16:08) Flexbox support in email: We explore the current state of flexbox support in email.
- (21:32) AOL Alto Mail is responsive: We give props to the AOL team for making Alto Mail email app responsive at the end of last year and break down a hack to target that email client.
- (23:30) Email of the Week: Taco Bell position: fixed; Scrolling Adventure
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.