At Litmus, we live and breathe email design—and we want to help you build a strong foundation, from the ground up.
Whether you’re new to email design or a seasoned veteran, one thing’s for sure: You’ve got to have a solid understanding of the basics. That’s why we put together Foundations of Email Design—not only to give you the fundamental techniques and principles to get started, but also to equip you with best practices, too.
We just released our fifth (and final) lesson for our Foundations of Email Design series. In this next installment, we’re covering an all-important topic: accessibility.
Here’s a rundown on the topics we cover in each lesson:
- Lesson 1: Layouts – hierarchy, layout elements, single- vs. multi-column layouts
- Lesson 2: Imagery – file types, compression, iconography, our favorite resources
- Lesson 3: Fonts and Typography – fonts, typography, readability, live text
- Lesson 4: Calls-to-action – primary CTAs, secondary CTAs, bulletproof buttons
- Lesson 5: Accessibility – color contrasts, simplification, readability
In this resource, we walk you through examples, important considerations, and our recommendations—empowering you with the tools you need to design with confidence. Use this as a compass to help you navigate what lies ahead of your email design journey.