And we’re back! Welcome back to This Month in Email—our monthly series on the latest happenings in the world of email marketing.
Let’s dive into the biggest headlines shaping the email industry in April 2023.
- 📰 News headlines
- 🤖 The world of artificial intelligence (AI)
- 🌟 In lighter news
- ✨ Community happenings
- 📊 Email Client Market Share
📰 News headlines
- Outlook for Mac adds a new profile feature making it easy to switch Outlook profiles with different colored themes.
- Cofense releases Protect+ email security for mid-market organizations.
- Red Sift enhances its email security offering through expanded Validity partnership.
- The FBI issues a warning over spoofing scams in phishing emails.
- Tech retailer Currys warns about a scam email that offers a free kettle to customers.
- New QBot email attacks use PDF and WSF combo to install malware.
- Litmus launches new capabilities to empower the creation of inclusive, accessible emails for all (👋).
- AutoGPT will soon disrupt your CRM system, says to Forbes.
- Newsletter publishers are diversifying their revenue sources, beyond the inbox.
- A former editor of Protocol purchases a part of the company’s email list to launch a news site.
- Polish mailbox provider Onet Poczta (Onet Post) joins the list of providers supporting Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI).
🤖 The world of AI
- Google introduces a first set of AI-powered writing features in Gmail and Google Docs.
- Intuit Mailchimp launches Email Content Generator (beta).
- GetResponse is now offering a tool called AI Email Generator.
- Constant Contact launches AI-powered email and SMS marketing content generator.
- The CEO of Google says there is a need for governmental regulation of AI.
- OpenAI confirms the company isn’t training GPT-5 and won’t be for some time. Phew.
- ARLnow readers can now subscribe to an AI-written email newsletter.
🌟 In lighter news
A joke email turns into real-life hand modeling opportunity with a distillery in Brooklyn Park.
✨ Community happenings
Marketing executives and practitioners gathered in Las Vegas from April 17th-19th for MailCon, the world’s largest email marketing conference.
📊 Email Client Market Share
The top 10 most popular email clients of March 2023 (source: Litmus’ Email Client Market Share) are:
- Apple: 59.04%
- Apple Mail Privacy: 54.27%
- Apple iPhone: 2.73%
- Apple Mail: 1.71%
- Apple iPad: 0.33%
- Gmail: 27.96%
- Outlook: 4.50%
- Yahoo Mail: 2.73%
- Google Android: 1.48%
- Outlook.com: 0.67%
- Samsung Mail: 0.16%
- QQ Mail: 0.06%
- Orange.fr: 0.06%
- Web.de: 0.06%
- Apple: 59.04%
Stay in the email loop
Subscribe to our Litmus Weekly for the latest, handpicked email content and news you should know about—from both Litmus and the rest of the email world.
Did we miss something? Let us know on Twitter!
Last updated May 2, 2023.